Reterns is an equal opportunity employer and we expect our partners to be as well.
Discrimination & Harassment
Providing an environment in which employees are provided opportunities to succeed in their roles without fear of prejudice or abuse is essential to the values of our company. Discrimination & harassment are strictly prohibited. This includes on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Partners shall not require workers to work more than the regular overtime hours allowed by the law of the country where the workers are employed or perform work.
Wage & Benefits
Compensation paid to workers should comply with all applicable wage laws, including those relating to minimum wage, overtime hours and legally mandated benefits. Punitive deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure are prohibited.
Information We May Collect
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, email, payment information, driver's license or other government identification information) on your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our digital services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, email messages, or other digital services, including when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or sign up to become a partner or consultant.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product/ service offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information.
- From other sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, third-party companies, and social media platforms.
- Reterns account: Customers who purchases certain Reterns products will receive a Reterns account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your Reterns account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; and general information about your Reterns products/ services and similar information. You can access your Reterns account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit an office of a Reterns partner, attend one of our events, sign up for a free product or service, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
We retain the information we collect from or about you, our products, and our services for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When the information is no longer necessary for these purposes, we delete it or keep it in a form that does not identify you. When determining this retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and retention periods required by law.
We also collect information in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personally identifiable data for any purpose. If we do combine non-personally identifiable data with your personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.